VM guest file location??

Currently reading
VM guest file location??

Would someone be so kind as to tell me where I might find the implementation/instance of my instantiated VM's pls?

I've found the images Synology asks you to register under '/volume1/@GuestImage', but can't seem to locate the instance of the guest OS I've set up.

As follow-up question, do I need to keep the 'images' registered in VMM once I've created my guest, or can I be done with them afterwards much the same as in VirtualBox?

Many thanks.

but can't seem to locate the instance of the guest OS I've set up
/volume1/@iSCSI

As follow-up question, do I need to keep the 'images' registered in VMM once I've created my guest, or can I be done with them afterwards much the same as in VirtualBox?
If you will not need them for any other VM you can delete them.

Rusty,

you are an absolute fountain of knowledge. Do you work for Synology? Or just ... too much time on your hands?

Thanks again.

I'll be back shortly looking for explanations on what the hell they mean with their "Network" in VMM.
The diff. between private and external and the selecting of interfaces. Synology make good hardware/software combinations. But their documentation can really suck sometimes.

I'll be back shortly looking for explanations on what the hell they mean with their "Network" in VMM.
The diff. between private and external and the selecting of interfaces. Synology make good hardware/software combinations. But their documentation can really suck sometimes.
Private is the "network" that the VMs that are part of that same network (or vlan on top of that) can talk to each other. External are networks that will allow communication with other external networks (via the NAS host).

Do you work for Synology? Or just ... too much time on your hands?
No,.... sadly yes :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.