Volume has become read only

NAS
DS220j,DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I was alarmed to hear my DS220+ start beeping and a message to say that my Volume has become read-only.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 1.48.56 PM.png

I've immediately shut down my NAS and I am now posting this to hopefully get some guidance as to what I should do next.

I have backups of my data in Backblaze C2.

Last edited:
This is what I have done so far.

Removed Drive 2 then restarted the NAS and then reinserted Drive 2, and added it to a new Storage Pool 2 and now letting the system check Drive 2 before creating Volume 2.

Once the above has been done, I will recreate the Shared Folders in Volume 2 and then copy the data across from Volume 1, and then delete Volume 1. Drive 1 will then be added to Volume 2.

Hopefully this will sort out the problem.

The big question is: What would cause this to happen? Would the fact that my NAS is positioned about a few feet away from my TV's sub-woofer play a part?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.