Info VPN bypass vulnerability in Apple iOS

Currently reading
Info VPN bypass vulnerability in Apple iOS

Looks to be some existing connections don't get reset and sent down the VPN tunnel, unless you're using a VPN service that reconnects after network change/interruption (e.g OpenVPN does and native iOS L2TP/IPsec doesn't). If your VPN client reconnects then setup the tunnel and toggle airplane mode off/on to force connections to restart.

Guessing this is in the scenario where you've opted to send al traffic down the tunnel: so split-tunnelling isn't affected as such since you're already sending only selected traffic down the tunnel.

Haven't had time to look any deeper.

Yes, not good at all for a company that prides itself on being very secure and a privacy advocate.
Would most of the new VPN remote access be using mobile devices or desktop/laptop? It's not good that's for sure. And I'd guess most connections won't use split-tunnelling, unless there's an on-device/cloud security product that protects direct access.

As for selling more tops than bottoms: video conferencing :p

Code:
As for selling more tops than bottoms: video conferencing

Absolutely...my wife is now working from home full time. WFH video-conference outfit:
  • Biz casual top
  • pajama bottoms/sweatpants
  • slippers
:cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.