NAS
DS220j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hey, I use VPN Plus to be able to always access my home network so that I don't have to poke holes in my firewall to access my NAS. However, when I try to have an outgoing OpenVPN connection running as well, it kills VPN Plus's connection and I lose all connectivity through the app. Could somebody explain to me why this happens? I would figure that they're two separate processes and would both be able to run at the same time. Essentially VPNing in through VPN Plus and they out through the OpenVPN.

Hey, I use VPN Plus to be able to always access my home network so that I don't have to poke holes in my firewall to access my NAS. However, when I try to have an outgoing OpenVPN connection running as well, it kills VPN Plus's connection and I lose all connectivity through the app. Could somebody explain to me why this happens? I would figure that they're two separate processes and would both be able to run at the same time. Essentially VPNing in through VPN Plus and they out through the OpenVPN.
By default, this will not work on the same device (router or NAS). If you want this you could try to run a client from your NAS and the incoming VPN (VPN Plus) stays on your router.

If you want this you could try to run a client from your NAS and the incoming VPN (VPN Plus) stays on your router.
That's what I was afraid of. I've been combing through the settings on both the router and my DS220j and I can't find anywhere that will allow me to push the "virtual IP" (the one that is created locally after connected) from VPN Plus through to the NAS and then out through the VPN on the NAS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back