DS220j
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hey All,

I've been looking high and low through the google machine for an answer to this and I've not been able to find one.

I'm looking to use VPN Plus into my RT2600 and then forward my internal IP that I get to my DS220j and then out through the VPN on the NAS, is this possible? If so, what settings should I be looking at in both the router and on the NAS? I already have VPN Plus and the VPN on the NAS (for download station) setup and running.

This is the route that I'm looking to get:

Phone >(VPN Plus)> Home Gateway > PhoneVPN traffic > NAS > Outgoing VPN > Interwebs.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure that's possible (and it likely isn't...), but I feel like I must be missing something in your purpose here. Why wouldn't you just connect the phone directly to the same VPN provider that the NAS is connecting to, if what you're looking for is VPN protection for the phone?

Because with VPN Plus its as if I'm connected to my home network. Easy access to all the devices on my network without poking holes in my firewall.

**SOLVED**

After a little bit of tinkering on the RT2600, I figured out what I did wrong. In the Smart WAN section I had the VPN set as the primary connection. Once I switched it to the secondary and created a policy route for the phones VPN Plus traffic, everything worked great. So it looks like this:

Phone >(VPN Plus)> Home Gateway > PhoneVPN Plus traffic > Outgoing VPN > Interwebs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.