VPN Plus with L2TP/IPSec cant access local lan with Remote Default Gateway disabled.

Currently reading
VPN Plus with L2TP/IPSec cant access local lan with Remote Default Gateway disabled.

NAS
DS1511+
Router
  1. RT1900ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
So i've been using this setup for a long time.

Lately my VPN connects normally but I no longer have access to the remote local LAN.

I can fix this by editing the Advanced TCP/IPv4 settings and re-checking the "Use default gateway on remote network"

However I don't want to use my VPN this way, Its always worked without using the remote gateway, I don't know why it doesn't anymore..

Okay I seem to have fixed it.

Needed to add a manual route

add-vpnconnectionroute -connectionname "Home VPN" -destinationprefix "192.168.2.0/24" -passthru

confirm its been added with the netstat -r command.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.