NAS
Ds920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
Hi,

Something strange is happening with my server vpn of my nas. I'm connected remotely with quickconnect and I can't open the app vpn server. It seems processing and running but can't open. Any idea ?
1666549608644.png

Thank you.

I found the problem. You can't access to the vpn server app via quickconnect. I'm surprised no one knew. I tried to access to my nas with via my server vpn instead and now it's working...

I found the problem. You can't access to the vpn server app via quickconnect. I'm surprised no one knew. I tried to access to my nas with via my server vpn instead and now it's working...

This makes no sense to me, my setup doesn’t behave like that.

Additionally your screenshots had the vpn server icon missing. This wouldn’t be due to how you’re connecting.

Overall I guess if you have it working it’s working.

This makes no sense to me, my setup doesn’t behave like that.

Additionally your screenshots had the vpn server icon missing. This wouldn’t be due to how you’re connecting.

Overall I guess if you have it working it’s working.
Maybe the network I'm connected to, is very secured, and doesnt allow me to use vpn sever when I connect to my nas via quickconnect... I opened my nas with 2 different ways, via vpn (ip+port) and via quickconnect and clearly the icon is missing with quickconnect (app still running though)

Last edited:
Maybe the network I'm connected to, is very secured, and doesnt allow me to use vpn sever when I connect to my nas via quickconnect... I opened my nas with 2 different ways, via vpn (ip+port) and via quickconnect and clearly the icon is missing with quickconnect (app still running though)

When you say “it won’t allow you to use the vpn server” are you referring to using the vpn app or using the vpn connection to connect to.

The icon missing thru quick connect makes no sense. Something is wrong and is not normal behavior. The connection won’t dictate that aspect.

When you say let me use are you referring to using the vpn app or using the vpn connection to connect to.

The icon missing thru quick connect makes no sense. Something is wrong and is not normal behavior. The connection won’t dictate that aspect.
I know, doesn't make sense to me either but that's what it is. Below what I have right now and you can see how I connect to it. So what I meant when I say using the vpn is I can't even open it...

Basically last week I didn't finish to set up my vpn server to connect to my NAS, so I thought I'm gonna connect with quickconnect and parameter everything. Except that I coudn't open the app so I couldn't parameter the vpn. Hope it makes sense :).
1667137009655.png
1667137371853.png

Last edited:
I know, doesn't make sense to me either but that's what it is. Below what I have right now and you can see how I connect to it. So what I meant when I say using the vpn is I can't even open it...

Basically last week I didn't finish to set up my vpn server to connect to my NAS, so I thought I'm gonna connect with quickconnect and parameter everything. Except that I coudn't open the app so I couldn't parameter the vpn. Hope it makes sense :).
View attachment 11270View attachment 11272

OK so as you confirmed this issue is strictly with accessing the vpn server app and not about connecting thru vpn connection.

Yea with either way that you connect to the nas the vpn server runs locally on the nas, and the connection has nothing to do whether you can access that app or not.

Can you try connecting both ways in different browser and/or incognito. Let’s rule out some sort of browser cache issue.

Oh wow, yeah it's working like a charm with chrome for example. OK so I do I fix it with Firefox ? Just tried to delete the cache but still dont see the app

Oh wow, yeah it's working like a charm with chrome for example. OK so I do I fix it with Firefox ? Just tried to delete the cache but still dont see the app

I would now rule out whether it’s a cache issue or browser compatibility issue (which is still kind of weird). So we’ve ruled out that it generally works and the issue is limited to Firefox.

Open an incognito or private mode on Firefox (I don’t use it so I am unsure of the exact name). If it works in incognito then it’s some sort of cache or even temporary internet file issue. If it doesn’t work in Firefox it maybe a compatibility like issue in Firefox. To confirm this we need someone else using Firefox and using vpn to see if they have the same behavior. If not it’s something with your browser. If they do have the same issue, you’ll just have to wait until some update comes out from either synology or Firefox to fix.

I would now rule out whether it’s a cache issue or browser compatibility issue (which is still kind of weird). So we’ve ruled out that it generally works and the issue is limited to Firefox.

Open an incognito or private mode on Firefox (I don’t use it so I am unsure of the exact name). If it works in incognito then it’s some sort of cache or even temporary internet file issue. If it doesn’t work in Firefox it maybe a compatibility like issue in Firefox. To confirm this we need someone else using Firefox and using vpn to see if they have the same behavior. If not it’s something with your browser. If they do have the same issue, you’ll just have to wait until some update comes out from either synology or Firefox to fix.
Thank you for your help !
Doesn't work with incognito, weird. At least I have other solutions....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.