1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to spin up an instance of Wallabag but can't seem to get it to link to Mariadb running on port 3306. I'e included my settings below and if anyone has been successful I'd be grateful for any pointers.

I should add that I did get it up and running using sqlite but the reverse proxy wouldn't work. It kept on pointing to my router even though I used the same settings as my bitwarden reverse proxy (obviously using the appropriate port number).

Attachments

• wallabag.png
    wallabag.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 128
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to spin up an instance of Wallabag but can't seem to get it to link to Mariadb running on port 3306. I'e included my settings below and if anyone has been successful I'd be grateful for any pointers.

I should add that I did get it up and running using sqlite but the reverse proxy wouldn't work. It kept on pointing to my router even though I used the same settings as my bitwarden reverse proxy (obviously using the appropriate port number).
Guessing you have configured the Link as well towards your db container considering your are using “db” value as your variable?

Have you tried to configure its SYMFONY__ENV__DOMAIN_NAME variable to a http://your_nas_ip address and then route that via RP? Do you still land on your router page?

Guessing using FQDN inside your LAN works considering you are using Syno routers, so that's not the problem.

Appreciate you trying to debug this with me. I've tried using the NAS address, the NAS address with port number and also the actual web address I will be using. Using the internal IP address works, but the domain wallabag.something.com keeps going to the router. I have a few containers using reverse proxy without issues.

If a container is not run with "Use the same Network as Host" enabled, localhost or 172.0.0.1 inside the container is local to the container, which does not allow to access the localhost/127.0.0.1 interface of the host. You will need to use the NAS ip or hostname to access it. Though, i doubt that the default grants for the root user allow it:

Update: seems this was not the case.

Appreciate you trying to debug this with me. I've tried using the NAS address, the NAS address with port number and also the actual web address I will be using. Using the internal IP address works, but the domain wallabag.something.com keeps going to the router. I have a few containers using reverse proxy without issues.
This is just a wild idea, but if you are using the default RP ui inside Application portal, try and configure that RP record with websocket parameter. So just add a WebSocket using the Custom header section for that record. Give that a go.

Screenshot 2020-08-15 at 14.13.59.png

No dice unfortunately. I did a bit of googling and it seems getting reverse proxy to work for wallabag is an issue for a few people.

I think the best thing I can do is use internal http with port and VPN in on my mobile if I see something to read later. Shame that it will be over http though but should be okay using it through the VPN.

No dice unfortunately. I did a bit of googling and it seems getting reverse proxy to work for wallabag is an issue for a few people.

I think the best thing I can do is use internal http with port and VPN in on my mobile if I see something to read later. Shame that it will be over http though but should be okay using it through the VPN.
I’ll try it out later tonight just to see if I will get into same problems. Truth be told I also used it internally but that was just because I didn’t want to have that info exposed to the internet. Will post back

I’ll try it out later tonight just to see if I will get into same problems. Truth be told I also used it internally but that was just because I didn’t want to have that info exposed to the internet. Will post back

It's no biggy to have it just on internal but would be interested if you get the same result. Means I haven't completely borked the settings on my NAS :ROFLMAO:

It's no biggy to have it just on internal but would be interested if you get the same result. Means I haven't completely borked the settings on my NAS :ROFLMAO:

Thanks guys for posting your info which in part helped me to solve this problem.

I went into Docker Compose and added my Reverse Proxy Local Port to the Container Port.

This is information will be different from my configuration so I am posting a picture of my solution. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. LOL

I hope this helps you and maybe a few others.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 6.38.21 PM.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.