want to upgrade my NAS's they ar both 4 bay 8TB drives, I would like to get 2 drive per NAS 14, 16TB or 18 TB with the best Price/noise level

Currently reading
want to upgrade my NAS's they ar both 4 bay 8TB drives, I would like to get 2 drive per NAS 14, 16TB or 18 TB with the best Price/noise level

NAS
Synology DS420+ DS 416 play
Operating system
  1. macOS
Last edited:
want to upgrade my NAS's DS 420+, DS 416 play. they are both 4 bay 8TB drives, I would like to get 2 drive per NAS with 14, 16TB or 18 TB drives with the best Price/noise level, should I buy seagate Exos (cheap but noisy?), Wd Red Pro, seagate IronWolf,toshiba enterprise (cheap , noisy?)....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

when you have just single computer with 10G NIC, there is possible the direct connection with a crossover...
Replies
Views
It can be done for sure, but it would be good to know at least an estimate before we get down the rabbit hole.
Replies
Views
  • Poll
for the described purpose (simple storage for KODI players) your existing NAS is really over performing...
Replies
Views
Cool thanks, that's what I plan to.... Shopping around I'm now looking at the 920+ instead. ;)
Replies
Views
Ah, ok. The link I posted above had a lot of links to videos, pictures, and how-tos.
Replies
Views
Ds423 would be also a significant upgrade compare to the J model. While it’s not as fast as the plus...
Replies
Views
Personally, I would go for the ds223. The strongest of them all, and has Docker support as well. Saying...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back