Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello, dear forum members!

From time to time it happens, that some members are not following forum rules and start to behave inappropriately or do some other actions that are not appropriate for our community. That said, we updated our warning system with the warnings points ladder:
  • 3 warning points = ban for 7 days
  • 5 warning points = ban for 14 days
  • 7 warning points = ban for 1 month
  • 10 warning points = permanent ban

Moderators can give more points at once if they find the violation more serious. Currently, all warning points expire in 1 month.

We are trying to maintain a polite and friendly forum community, so we will act accordingly on any inappropriate actions. Note, there's a report button in each post, but try not to abuse it ;)

Sorry, but really? Is this forum that flooded with nonsense content that it's worth introducing such penalty points already?

Maybe I'm not a frequent reader of each posted topic here, but I did not notice an increasing amount of misinterpreted forum rules so far. At least, that's my impression at the moment.

Sorry, but really? Is this forum that flooded with nonsense content that it's worth introducing such penalty points already?

Maybe I'm not a frequent reader of each posted topic here, but I did not notice an increasing amount of misinterpreted forum rules so far. At least, that's my impression at the moment.
because all moderatos do their job, hidden for you. What is job of the moderator. Sometime we need post a public message for people who would like to disturb this relaxed environment. Just because you don't see it happening doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Therefore , I want to thank everyone for a pleasant atmosphere

Not so much. The occasional flood of spam that needs nipping out, as far as I've seen. But better to have a clear approach before it's needed, and may not be needed.

The conversational style of the forum, with help given and appreciation for that help, has created an easy-going environment. So hopefully this won't be needed.

@Micky
I think you don't have to worry about it too much. Like @jeyare and @fredbert already pointed out, it is good to have some rules that are transparent for all members of this forum.

Staff members won't give warning points just like that. These warning points mostly fit for inappropriate content, inappropriate behavior, inappropriate language and inappropriate advertising/spam.

It has happened a couple of times already, but we deal with it in the background.

Thank you for understanding.

I’m all for that.

This forum should continue helping others no matter how simple or easy the questions are.
If I’m a newbie, the last thing I need is for someone to shut me down or make fun of me when I start asking simple questions. If I knew how to find the answers then most likely I would’ve found them without coming here.

Most of the time new users are overwhelmed by the new device to the point where they don’t even know where to begin. We were there too at one point. We all started at zero. The only difference is time. We should help others and in turn hopefully a time will come where they’ll stick around and help too.

That’s what a true community is all about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back