Web station broken on DSM 7.2

Currently reading
Web station broken on DSM 7.2

NAS
DS920+ (previously: DS216j, DS218+, DS1621+)
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi all!
I have DSM 7.2-64551 (RC) and I like many new things, however, Web station is pretty broken.
So on 7.2 Apache 2.2 became obsolete and you can only have Apache 2.4 and Nginx.
Also, I had to manually reconfigure all my Wordpress websites, and none of them work with Apache 2.4, I tried many things.
With Nginx they partially work, meaning most pages are working, but because Wordpress requires URL rewriting defined in .htaccess many advanced thing do not work. And because Nginx does not have .htaccess equivalent, there is no way to make adjustment per-site.
So on all request to PHP I get either 500 or 404 HTTP responses. Plain .html seem to work fine.

Anyone having same issues? Any idea, what to do?

Hm, it's a bit late to reply to this, I'll try to contribute the first step anyway.
The good news - WebStation also works under DSM 7.2 with Apache 2.4.
First steps first:

There is in the DSM application 'WebStation' in the menu web service the possibility to set the web server for the default service => this should be Apache 2.4 and a suitable PHP version (8.0).
But ATTENTION: changing from PHP 7.x to 8.0 all this will not work anymore,
what is described at 'PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor' for this PHP version change.
Anyways, that should still enable Apache 2.4 as the default web server. Let me know if this works.

Hi all!
I have DSM 7.2-64551 (RC) and I like many new things, however, Web station is pretty broken.
So on 7.2 Apache 2.2 became obsolete and you can only have Apache 2.4 and Nginx.
Also, I had to manually reconfigure all my Wordpress websites, and none of them work with Apache 2.4, I tried many things.
With Nginx they partially work, meaning most pages are working, but because Wordpress requires URL rewriting defined in .htaccess many advanced thing do not work. And because Nginx does not have .htaccess equivalent, there is no way to make adjustment per-site.
So on all request to PHP I get either 500 or 404 HTTP responses. Plain .html seem to work fine.

Anyone having same issues? Any idea, what to do?
Hi Shanti,

I found the same issue, I tried to install my wordpress on Apache2.4 or Nginx, but I have the same problem, for example ServerAlias doesn't work or redirect:
www.myweb.com - OK
myweb.com - No Works

I tried to define in .htaccess but it's not working either.

Also... it's not working friendly URLs!

I didn't use the Web Services Wodpress because It didn't work for me either, I got error 500 when it's a php entry. So I crated my own web services for php7.4 and apache2.4, where it works but no the redirections! :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.