web station Guide??

Currently reading
web station Guide??

There are a few on YouTube. Just search for “synology web station”.

I don’t recall that there was much to it. I’ve set it once (on a DS118) and it’s been running ever since.
  • Install the Web Station package.
  • Run Web Station.
  • At the General settings choose the backend server (Nginx should be there already, you can add Apache if you want).
  • Upload your website to the shared directory “web”. You can see the directory when you run File Station on DSM. It should’ve been created.

Web Station will takeover the NAS's TCP ports 80 and 443 (I've always had WS running so never not had this assignment but I hear that when WS is not installed then these ports can be used for DSM portal itself).

In Package Center you can install Apache HTTP Server (2.2 and 2.4) and PHP (5.6 and 7.0-7.3). So, along with Nginx, you can select which web server technology and PHP will be the default for the virtual hosts run by WS.

There's a default virtual host that uses the /web Shared Folder as the document root: stick an index.html file in here to get your web site running.

You can add your own virtual hosts that have their own document root which may be another Shared Folder, a folder in another Shared Folder, or a folder within /web. The folder must permit the 'http' user group to access it (look at the user permissions of /web). These can have different web server and PHP from the default.

hi i have seen all the videos on youtube but it still doesnt work for me i really do not know what i am doing wrong

remi off

can I post video anywhere on this forum ??
then I can do one how I do it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.