DS920+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone tried this yet?

I keep getting a message to set "Hello World" I have tried various combinations but in vain.

Hoping someone on the forum has successfully set up Discord notifications. I would get emails for each system/docker/vm error. Just wanted all of those on the Discord server.

1629614800720.png

1629614858204.png

1629614898522.png

I had an open ticket in April regarding more info on the variables and the expected values for a similar scenario (not discord but webhook usage as well), and they were still "defending" that DSM was in beta status, so nothing was done on that front.

Guess that no much has changed looking at your fresh example, but I had other things to do so didn't bother with the webhook elements since then. If I get any useful info this time around I will pass it along.

Absolutely terrible... It doe snot say Beta anywhere. I would have not bothered otherwise.

I have a new ongoing ticket on this matter just yesterday. Got redirected to the KB article on webhooks and Synology Chat, but I posted back to give us more info on the header and varaible informations, as this webhook do not work with RocketChat platform for example.

Will post back if I make progress on this.

I have a new ongoing ticket on this matter just yesterday. Got redirected to the KB article on webhooks and Synology Chat, but I posted back to give us more info on the header and varaible informations, as this webhook do not work with RocketChat platform for example.

Will post back if I make progress on this.
Thanks Rusty

Got the response today.

This requirement depends of your third party provider, not Synology Push service. We recommend to contact with your web service provider to consult your webhook URL.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Mateusz Żukowski
Technical Support Engineer

So looks like that the destination side should be the one that should provide what variables are needed as well as their format and input.

Got the response today.

So looks like that the destination side should be the one that should provide what variables are needed as well as their format and input.
As an example considering Discord... I do not have the options of variables. Looking at this for examples may be: Discord Developer Portal — Documentation — Webhook
I will report back if I get anywhere with this.

FWIIW, I was able to get this running via a webhook to a MS Teams channel. For the HTTP Request, I was left the header with no parameters and set the "Message Content" parameter to a value of "hello world" on the body.

If I add a parameter of "text" with a value of "Whatever text" and when I test it works. But as to what other parameters and values the NAS can send I remain without any information.

If there is no other parameter in the body section, nothing posts.

Has anyone made any headway on that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.