website (web station) hosted on DSM NAS not reachable ,when SRM router connected to OpenVPN VPN

Currently reading
website (web station) hosted on DSM NAS not reachable ,when SRM router connected to OpenVPN VPN

NAS
DS720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi Team,

Though I joined this wonderful forum today ,I have resolved many configuration issues related to DSM and SRM based on the solved threads. Thanks!

My domain - www.naadomain.com ,hosted on DSM nas using wordpress .SSLs were created and port forwarding done to open ports for 80,443 and 5001 at the DSM and SRM firewall settings.

after my firewall setup ,I am able to access my domain externally.

Recently, at the SRM router level , I have configured VPN settings using OPENVPN ovpn file .After VPN connected ,my domain not accessible externally . Really confused :(

please kindly help me on how to circumvent the VPN to access my domain from outside of LAN . Thanks a lot!

Regards
Satya

DSM firewall settings
1639404001719.png

Router side port forwarded to 192.168.1.100 (NAS)

1639404114368.png

VPN settings setup to configure openvpn using import OVPN file
1639404172353.png

Last edited:
Thanks a lot fred, I am newbie.

Please kindly help me with step by step approach to port forward /opening firewall at DSM/SRM. Thanks.

One question , in this case , how to connect to my NAS, SRM router and my personal blog domain (hosted on nas) to work externally. Currently not reachable.

after VPN is connected to openvpn , below are the details of vpn gateway and IP.

IP : 10.x.x.2
gateway : 10.x.x.1

I have not opened any other ports like 1194 at DSM/SRM level and also not opened firewall to allow traffic on VPN (vpn_gateway) .

Please kindly suggest , what to do now from side to configure DSM or SRM level to externally connection my LANs or server side ovpn file to be tweaked.

Thanks a lot for your help!

below screenshot, I am connected to VPN.
1639533993522.png

My ovpn import server file configuration as below.
1639534473032.png

-- post merged: --

Hi Fred,

My local network and my VPN network details are as below:

Local
Local IP : 192.168.1.X
Local Gateway : 192.168.1.1
Subnet : 255.255.255.0

VPN:
VPN IP : 10.x.x.2
VPN gateway : 10.x.x.1

Please kindly suggest.

Regards
Satya
1639535077558.png

-- post merged: --

currently , in my openvpn settings , "use default gateway on remote network" is enabled. Thanks all!

1639535774480.png

Upvote 0
Others here use Internet VPN services and may be able to help.

I don't use SRM's VPN tunnel to Internet VPN service, so can't tell you how to fix that. I know there's Policy Routing in Smart WAN settings, have you tried adding routing rules and alternating making the WAN interface primary while sending 0.0.0.0 down the VPN connection? Or trying a WAN policy route for 0.0.0.0 source IP to NAS LAN IP destination?

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.