Weemple Video Station Converter - Convert incompatible video for Video Station and DS video

App Weemple Video Station Converter - Convert incompatible video for Video Station and DS video 1.2

No permission to download

Currently reading
App Weemple Video Station Converter - Convert incompatible video for Video Station and DS video

www.weemple.com
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
marco submitted a new resource:

Weemple Video Station Converter - App to convert incompatibles video files for DS video - Windows 10 desktop app to convert Video Station incompatibles video

Hello!

I'm a Video Station user, and I like this product, but sometime is difficult to know if a video is compatible or not with DS video on Apple TV, Google TV, Samsung TV, Video Station, etc.

Therefore, I developed a Windows 10 desktop app to easily identify the incompatibles video files, and to also allow to convert them with just a click!

This app allowed me to find many issue, and I decided to share it, in the hope that will be useful also to others!

Weemple Video...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Hi all, I received a bad review and I was blocked by the reviewer.
So, since I can't speak to him directly, I write here.

I request approval before posting my resources.
The cost is really low (at least for a Swiss user), and is not enough to cover the development costs.
I developed the app for me, and I'm using it daily on this period, so I also released it for others.
Is not SPAM, I also don't speak about it on the threads, also because is not allowed.

So please, peace and let's share our knowledge & tools!

Since I can't respond to your review remarks, I'll reply here... In your response you stated a one week trial, yet in resource thread you said...

I ask a small contribution of $9.99, but the app can be also tried for free for one day.

One day !!! That is not the "week" in your review reply, and is insufficient by any recognizing. Sorry you took offense, but that absurd constraint strongly influenced my rating.

Last edited:
One day !!! That is not the "week" in your review reply, and is insufficient by any recognizing. Sorry you took offense, but that absurd constraint strongly influenced my rating.
Oops, I done a mistake! Sorry and thanks to report this!! I edited the post!

P.S.: 1 star is offensive

I gift the app to the first 5 users, here the link:

P.S.S.: This is version 1, in future I can add more features and options if wished

Last edited:
30-day trial should be standard. Unfortunately, reviews are not editable here.
Eh 30 days is like freeware :-p

You can't change the review? Really?
-- post merged: --

Unfortunately, reviews are not editable here.
I removed my response, can you try now, if you can change or remove the review?

Last edited:
Rather than degrading your videos by re-encoding, maybe it's time to leave DS Video. Does your app preserve subtitles?
Yes! My app preserve all subtitles and chapters. Also all video tracks and the best audio track for every different language.

You know, better to re-encode a video if can't be played on Video Station.

With my app, you can play the video on Video Station web, and on DS video on Google TV, Apple TV and Samsung Smart TV.

The app also re-encode only the incompatible tracks. Otherwise it copy the compatible tracks. Or it inform you that the file is ok, with a green light.

marco updated Weemple Video Station Converter - App to convert incompatibles video files for DS video with a new update entry:

Automate the automation

The new version has a new (blue) button that allow to automatically add on the queue, the incompatible videos, and to automatically remove from the list, the compatible videos.

So you can just drag and drop a folder, start the conversion when there is the first video on queue, and relax and leave it alone! 🥳

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
@Telos I developed the version 1.2, it is fully customizable, and contain many improvements and it reveals more possible incompatibles videos. I tested the whole day, and I'm using it. If all is fine I will release it soon. I think that it can be a really life semplification for Video Station / DS video users.

P.S.: I do these for passion, not for business

Sounds like a major improvement. For me, Plex sidesteps all the shortcomings of VS, so it's rare I need transcoding... but when I do, I generally use ffmpeg, as it permits video pass-through (not so for Handbrake) while encoding audio (for VS, audio is often the showstopper.

I wish I had the smarts to do what you have done. I use ffmepg so rarely, that I spend 20-30 minutes to determine which transcoding options I need 😉

Last edited:
The mission of my app, is to avoid that the NAS need to transcode a video, because the quality is not acceptable, and it can transcode only one video at time.

Plex is superior, I agree, but on my case I need Video Station 😀

Yes, also my app use ffmpeg.
My plan is that a user set the settings, drag and drop a folder, and the app convert automatically all video that aren't compatibles with Video Station / DS video!

P.S.: I worked 2 days not stop, I'm KO 😅

P.S.S.: The default settings are of course what is required to play the video on VS / DS.

This is good that your making apps for video station,However what I really want someone to make is more plugins as video station only has TMDB I would really like more IMDB TVDB etc

Last edited:
what I really want someone to make is more plugins as video station only has TMDB I would really like more IMDB TVDB etc
TMDB is quite complete, I'm happy with it. But if there aren't others plugin available, I can consider to do them. Maybe better to start a new dedicated conversation.

Last edited:
Just curious... Does this app only work for videos which are determined to be incompatible with Video Station, or can you bulk load videos selected by user for conversion?
You can open or drag & drop a file or a folder.

Then the app scan the video file or all video files under the folder.

It show a green light for compatible video, and a red light for incompatible video.

By opening the file node, you can see the details about video and audio tracks, with relative green/red lights.

Then the user can put on the queue conversion what he want, not only the incompatible.

And you can add on queue, all compatible or all incompatible with one click.

The compatible tracks are copied, not converted.

Currently I'm processing all my library automatically (with the "Auto Queue & Clear" button selected, it add automatically all the red, and it remove from list all the green). After every conversion, it run a script that inform another program to replace the file, rename the vsmeta file if required, update the backup, etc. 😁

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.