Weemple Video Station Converter - Convert incompatible video for Video Station and DS video

App Weemple Video Station Converter - Convert incompatible video for Video Station and DS video 1.2

No permission to download

Currently reading
App Weemple Video Station Converter - Convert incompatible video for Video Station and DS video

Then the user can put on the queue conversion what he want, not only the incompatible.
The compatible tracks are copied, not converted.
I'm confused...
You can add compatible files to the queue, but they won't be converted?

So... the user can't convert "compatible" tracks to an alternate codec, or bitrate? Or can?

Last edited:
The mission of the app is to generate a file compatible for Video Station devices. In Matroska, H.264 with AC-3 or AAC.

For example you can have an .avi file, and convert it to .mkv, without touch or convert their tracks if are compatibles.

And you can decide if the output file will have the subtitles, the chapters, only one audio track for language or all, set the default language, etc.

The same settings choosed, for all files on queue.

This is not a generic app to convert a video to any others format, for this there is Handbrake or many others app. 😉

Last edited:
This is not a generic app to convert a video to any others format
Fine. It seems you are limiting your market to Synology users who stream, and prefer VS over DLNA or Plex, and are Windows users.

FWIW, I gave up VS long ago due to multiple codec incompatibility (AC3, EAC3, DTS, HEVC... to name a few) and poor metadata discernment. Converting otherwise compatible files, only further degrades their quality, hence, my preference is a package that manages original content. I use both Plex and Jellyfin.

Last edited:
I'm limiting my market? Sounds negative.
My app is for Video Station users. Is called "Weemple Video Station Converter".

Plex users don't need this app, because they can play much more format than VS. But on my case I'm fine to use Video Station and Jellyfin.

I also developed the app "Weemple Video Tools". This app is for Video Station, Plex, Kodi and Emby. And I will also probably add Jellyfin.

So I consider multiple solutions, but for the conversion, the app is Video Station only. But of course if you convert a video to be VS compatible, then it can be played quite everywhere.

Converting otherwise compatible files, only further degrades their quality
Yes, but is quite imperceptible if done right. So is more psychological. And anyway, my app convert only the video and audio track incompatibles, not all. And better to don't be able to play it.

Replacing Video Station with Plex is a personal choice.

Okay, I started the free trial and installed the app on my SP3, but even though the app seems to be telling me how many days and hours until the free trial ends, I can't find any trace of the app on my SP3. There's no icon on my desktop, there's nothing in All Apps or Pinned Tiles. Is it a browser plug-in? Please give me a clue. Thanks.

Hi @1GRN1, you can open the Microsoft Store app, search the app, and then click on the Open button. When you have the app icon on the taskbar, right click on it, and choose Pin to taskbar.
After a restart, the app appeared in All Apps.
-- post merged: --

After a restart, the app appeared in All Apps. (It didn't appear in the Microsoft Store app, but then I didn't observe the app install.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.