Currently reading
Weird Metadata Issue when Uploading TV Episodes

NAS
DS920*
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
So I have uploaded three seasons of the British comedy series The Mighty Boosh. The metadata for each episode of Season One is there, and accurate. However, for Seasons Two and Three, it has merely copied the metadata for each episode from Season One. So, for example, both Season 2 Ep 1 and Season 3 Ep 1 are showing the metadata for Season 1 Ep 1.

When I go in to change this manually and then use the search function to retrieve the correct episode information from the movie database, not only does it make the change I'm after, but it also changes the metadata for that numbered episode in the other two seasons. So, if I retrieve the correct metadata for, say, Season 2, Ep 1, it will also change the metadata for Ep 1 from the other two seasons. It's driving me nuts. Why can't I change the metadata for a particular episode without it making these unwanted changes to other episodes in the other seasons? There doesn't seem to be any logic to it. Has anyone else had a similar problem, and is there a way around it? Cheers,

To manually correct the metadata assignment, you should do these on every single episode.

My suggestion is to move the files outside your library folder, so that Video Station remove them from library.
Fix the name of the files, to follow the standard.
Then move the folder & files back on the library folder.

Here the standard (under "Tips for naming video files"): Video Category | Video Station - Synology Knowledge Center
Eventually under Resources of this forum, you find an app that I developed for this purpose.

To manually correct the metadata assignment, you should do these on every single episode.

My suggestion is to move the files outside your library folder, so that Video Station remove them from library.
Fix the name of the files, to follow the standard.
Then move the folder & files back on the library folder.

Here the standard (under "Tips for naming video files"): Video Category | Video Station - Synology Knowledge Center
Eventually under Resources of this forum, you find an app that I developed for this purpose.

Thanks for the quick advice! I'll give it a shot.

Please also note that Video Station create a file with .vsmeta extension, for every video with metadata modified.
So if you have the wrong information, remove these files before moving back to the library folder, if exists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.