Subscriber
NAS
DS218+
Operating system
Windows
Mobile operating system
iOS
Hi,
I was happy to find this forum. Thank you for providing it. I like that it's organized into categories and sections. Not like new forums which are open ended. The sections in this forum help you avoid looking through categories/topics which I am not interested in looking into at the time. .

I am new to NASes. I initially thought them expensive when I first heard about them years ago. I am tired of having more and more external passport drives. I still have and use them as having many backup is a good idea. But I took a chance and purchased a Synology DS218+ with two Seagate 6GB drives. I am happy that so far the Synology DS218+ has worked well. It has taken everything I have uploaded to it via the USB Copy and the USB in the back of the unit. I only have 2GB of photos/data. So I thought 6GB would be enough for now. But I was nice enough to include my brother into my NAS. And it will soon be 50% filled. Now I wish I had purchased 8, 10, 12 or 14gb drives. It is fun watching my brother upload his files from another part of the city. I hope he buys his own so that my data can be on his NAS and his on mine.

I am already looking to buy a 5 buy unit with at least 4-6gb per bay. You gotta love this stuff. I do like that some of this can be automated and that one can do a lot of things with these unit. The only thing left to do is to have a NAS in one of my other siblings home in Florida for that added protection from local disasters. So far Synology has been a great buy.

Joseb

Subscriber
NAS
DS218+
Operating system
Windows
Mobile operating system
iOS
Sorry, I meant TB in all instances of GB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads