Welcome, philingle

Currently reading
Welcome, philingle

NAS
DS918+, DS214se
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hi all
I bought my first Synology in January 2014, a DS214se, mainly because I wanted somewhere other than Flikr or Google Photos to store my photos because of cost reasons. It did mainly that job for the next 5 years. I did play around with hosting wordpress on it, just for website development, not for hosting to the outside world.
About a year ago, after reading some stuff about the data harvesting done by Facebook and Google among others I decided to ditch them all. I had been using Google Apps for my email and for hosting/synchronising/baking up all my files apart from photos. So I had to find an alternative, and Synology seemed like the solution.
In January 2019 I bought a DS918+ and started migrating to that. I have now got it working as my mail server, file server and photo server - and have got rid of my dependence on Google (I have also deleted all my other social media accounts)
Since having the 918+ I started using Video Server and Audio Server, which are great.
I have an Ellipse UPS attached to it, which it recognised and it all works smoothly.
This forum looks like a great resource and I look forward to being an active member and helping out as well as getting help.
Cheers
Phil

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!