NAS
DS1019+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
There is nothing like waking up to a message like this in E-Mail:

Malware was detected on brains. Please sign in to DSM on brains and open Security Advisor to fix it.​
From brains​

Found this when logging in, I use iDrive backup for work files and C2 backup for personal files and apps on the Synolgoy. Look like they enhanced the scan's because I never got warned under 6.x. This is good to see. I hope the skip for this one is sticky because I don't want to be hit every day or week with an alert about these backup jobs.

1625655881202.png

There is nothing like waking up to a message like this in E-Mail:

Malware was detected on brains. Please sign in to DSM on brains and open Security Advisor to fix it.​
From brains​

Found this when logging in, I use iDrive backup for work files and C2 backup for personal files and apps on the Synolgoy. Look like they enhanced the scan's because I never got warned under 6.x. This is good to see. I hope the skip for this one is sticky because I don't want to be hit every day or week with an alert about these backup jobs.

View attachment 3929
Hi!

I have been getting the same thing every report from my Syno.
Did you find any way to fix this or to stop it from appearing in the malware report?

Last edited:
Since I dismissed the ones about crontab's they haven't come back. I just check and the idrive backups are still in the cron table but Synology is no longer alerting on them. Something turned off the scan because I don't remember doing it myself:

1629477326152.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.