Currently reading
What are JFIF files?

NAS
DS220j
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
After transferring all my files form my files form my old WD NAS to a DS220J and installing the synology photo application I see that all my JPG files are being shown as JFIF files. These file cannot be shown on my laptop.

What are the JFIF files and will they at some time return to being JPG files?

A j-series will take quite some time to index photos, grab a book and a tv boxset ;)
Yep 36 hours and counting. But I bought this NAS following the selection criteria om the Synology site. But I guess (hope) the indexing is a one off thing after which new additions will be automatically indexed?

Upvote 0
Just to say that my NAS is still indexing files after 7 days! what also strange is that every time I log in the number of files to be indexed seems to increase. When the process started it showed 50.000 files. Later that increased to 75000 and at this moment the number has increased to over 100000!!!!! NAS is also slow when I login. CPU shows 33% RAM 59%

Any ideas or could you tell me where to post this sort of questions? Thanks

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.