2. iOS
My Docker now has:
  • Bitwarden
  • Bookstack
  • Let's Encrypt
  • MariaDB
  • Tiny Tiny RSS
  • PHPMyAdmin

Bitwarden is just perfect (and with TOTP enabled even more!).

Bookstack - to store personal notes, tutorials, guides to remember etc.

Tiny Tiny RSS - I used to use Inoreader (Pro license), but this is just a perfect alternative.

Planned:
  • Restya
  • Firefly III
Firefly III has been an absolute pain. I am trying to install it from the past few days only to get 500 DB error. Several searches gave me several things to try out and nothing worked for me. Pausing the work till I get a video tutorial now. I really want to get Firefly III - looks so good.

NAS
DS1019+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  • Pi-Hole
  • DNSCrypt Proxy
  • Echo Speaks authentication manager for Hubitat
  • Portainer
  • Emby
  • and a bunch of odds and ends I test with

NAS
RS1221+, DS1517+, RS819, RS217
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I clearly have no place in this thread as I only run one item in Docker (just Homebridge and even that only runs for a single Nest Thermostat).

I must lack imagination or something. I have messed-up a Docker container so badly that DSM failed, so that probably knocked some of the enthusiasm into the long grass.

Rusty

NAS Support
www.blackvoid.club
NAS
DS718+, DS918+, 2x RS3614RPxs+
Router
  1. RT1900ac
  2. RT2600ac
  3. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I clearly have no place in this thread as I only run one item in Docker (just Homebridge and even that only runs for a single Nest Thermostat).

I must lack imagination or something. I have messed-up a Docker container so badly that DSM failed, so that probably knocked some of the enthusiasm into the long grass.
you can do it m8!

I have messed-up a Docker container so badly that DSM failed, so that probably knocked some of the enthusiasm into the long grass.
How about you share your story in a seperate thread, starting from what you tried to archive, describe exactly how you configured things and share what problems it caused. I am sure we can de-mystify the experience :) Would be a shame to be scared of docker.

Fails are part of almost every learning process, wouldn't you agree?

NAS
DS918+ (x2)
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I feel like I don't really know enough about Docker to get the most out of it - and sometimes I stumble around blindly without a clue - yet manage to use it a fair bit anyway :LOL:
One of my 918+'s has Pi-hole, sabnzbd, portainer & privoxy running. After reading this thread I just downloaded homebridge - that'll be my next project!
There are a few more containers i configured to replicate services I had running on previous servers before I became a Synology convert - but in some cases I found a better way to do things natively within Synology - so my Hamachi & ddns updater containers are dormant for now.
On my 2nd 918+ I just have logitechmediaserver running within Docker. It replaces the native app which Synology stopped supporting last year. I need to keep using this system for audio as I have a couple of Squeezebox Touch devices which will become redundant if I switch to a different kind of media server.
Oh and my enthusiasm for Docker on the Synologys got me repurposing an old HP Microserver to run ESXi with yet more containers running in Ubuntu VMs on there - that's where I experiment & play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.