What did you do on your Synology NAS today?

Currently reading
What did you do on your Synology NAS today?

I put vinyl decals on my DS418play disk trays. Why? Because I could. And, I like orange.

Attachments

• yZz3+2PaSjCQC0+Z2sX0SQ.jpg
    yZz3+2PaSjCQC0+Z2sX0SQ.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 39
Cleaned up download station. Lots of old downloaded content still in the list and updated 4 docker containers to their latest versions.

I am sorry to inform you, but you got it wrong :cry:

Ti9ynJs.png
Yes, I know. I've shared the photo to other forums and platforms and the discussion seems split between those who adhere to the markings on the enclosure and with DSM, and those that prefer starting at 00 because other platforms use that notation, or they just think it look geekier? Either way, the decals are ultimately just for decoration, really.

Installed 2 new Wyze Cam v2 to Surveillance Station to replace an old D-Link DCS-5222L. Much better resolution now, and they both respond much faster than the old DCS-5222L.

I've been working out that DSM7 allows upnp2 rules to persist even if a QuickConnect or DDNS instance is closed and disabled. If the rules are manually cleared and DSM7 is restarted or awakened from its slumber the unused and unneeded upnp2 rules are forwarded to the router again.

Why do we spend ages trying to work out why they changed something that wasn't broken in the first place?

Then again I am on bed-rest after 4-days unexpectedly in hospital, so I guess I have time to burn...

I have 3 NAS'es that sync with each other (2 spoke 1 hub setup).

Last week I discovered that one of the spokes just decided to stop syncing for about 3/4 weeks....
So, within 'Drive ShareSync' on the rouge spoke NAS I had to resetup the sync by deleting the synced databases of the impacted shares and initialized a new sync. Everything re-synced again but obviously had to manually fix a few conflicts as file/folder edits are done over the multiple NAS"es.

This is not the first time this happened and these boxes give absolutely no warning. Need to figure out how to monitor this. If I had some Windows machine running 24/7 , I could write a PowerShell script to just create a dummy file and check if this file appears on all the NAS'es as a way to monitor the syncs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.