...For example with all the stuff I'm running on my NAS'es I really can't call it a 'NAS' anymore.
- Obviously SMB file server
- CardDAV (under the Calendar app)
- CloudStation sharesync (to 2ync my 2 nasses)
- LDAP (so we can use the same login on all the NAS'es and Syno routers in the internal networks)
- DNS (for split-zone DNS, as I own a public domain)
- Docker (Virtual DSM as a proxy in my network to my NordVPN connection)
- Web server
- UPNP media server
- Note Station
Ha! I have DS218+ running as primary and then slave zones on the DS215j and RT2600ac. DHCP clients get given the RT2600ac and one of the others.
- DNS Secondary (I have my RT2600ac running Primary DNS & DHCP)
Forget this. I do this too.
- Syslog Server
|J||New to NAS||General Synology discussions|
|N||What to do with my old NAS?||General Synology discussions|
|B||Installation of a new NAS to someone else||General Synology discussions|
|Best way to sync / mirror two local folders on the Nas??||General Synology discussions|
|phpBB Forum on NAS?||General Synology discussions|
|B||NAS for Macbook photos||General Synology discussions|
|Can't get to NAS web page in Firefox||General Synology discussions|