What is the best way to accomplish this?

Currently reading
What is the best way to accomplish this?

NAS
DS1621+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hi all,

So I recently picked up a DS1621+ for storage and Plex usage, but one other thing I would like to do is take the strain off of my family members' phones when it comes to photos. I have two members in particular who take lots of photos and quickly run out of room on their phones. They then either have to start deleting photos or storing them on their laptops, which is not an ideal solution because their laptops have small hard drives. So ideally I would like to find a solution that a.) has a mobile app and b.) can take their photos from their gallery and sync them to the NAS in their own account so that only they can access them via the app, and then they are free to clear out their galleries and not bog their phones down.

I've found many different photo management solutions, but none that seem to let you set up multiple accounts for them to sign into. Does such a solution exist?

Thanks for your help!

Look into Synology Photos app if you are running DSM 7.
I did look into this, but it appears to only support a single account, rather than letting you setup accounts for multiple people. Did I overlook something there, and you can in fact have multiple accounts?

I did look into this, but it appears to only support a single account, rather than letting you setup accounts for multiple people. Did I overlook something there, and you can in fact have multiple accounts?
Yes, you can have multiple accounts in terms of your DSM accounts. So each DSM account will have its own personal space when it comes to using Photos.

Just make sure that you have dedicated accounts for each family member and take it from there.

Yes, you can have multiple accounts in terms of your DSM accounts. So each DSM account will have its own personal space when it comes to using Photos.

Just make sure that you have dedicated accounts for each family member and take it from there.
That makes sense, thanks @Rusty! I'll give that a go!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.