What is the point of application dashboard such as Heimdall/DashMachine/Organizr, etc?

Currently reading
What is the point of application dashboard such as Heimdall/DashMachine/Organizr, etc?

NAS
DS220+, DS918+, RS1219+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I've seen different tutorials for these dashboards, and I always wonder why people don't just use bookmarks in their browser instead? Are the dashboards able to be shared across users so that if I loaded a new web app, I could add it to my dashboard and then my wife would be able to see it on her phone without having to create new bookmarks in her browser? This is just for home use mainly. I've just been curious about them.

Is there a particular one that is easier to set up /use for newbies?
Heimdall - Docker Hub is very easy to setup and maintain

SUI - jeroenpardon/sui will ask a bit more configuration and manual setting of URLs (not very easy for someone that is not ready to combat the command line/text editors), but it is very minimalistic and clean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.