Solved What is your preferred solution for password management on your NAS?

Currently reading
Solved What is your preferred solution for password management on your NAS?

I have used 1pw for a long time. But now i use BW and love it.
Only thing i miss is the user controll. Everybody can create a account if they know the url so my server.
Would be great if Synolgy create it's own package with user credentials.

I have used 1pw for a long time. But now i use BW and love it.
Only thing i miss is the user controll. Everybody can create a account if they know the url so my server.
Would be great if Synolgy create it's own package with user credentials.
Have a look in the resources section for BW. There you will find solution for user control and registrations.

I've been using BW for some time now. Everything's good until your Synology crashes or you lose a hard drive 😉 just saying.
I'm curious. In this instance that this happens, will mobile devices still have a local copy of the vault saved, or will you not be able to login to BW if your synology server is down?

Looks like you can export a .csv file of your vault to a usb drive and store it in a vault if you want.

You can export the vault from your local PC as it cannot sync anywhere.
I understand it won't sync until you fix the NAS, but it isn't like you lose your vault or access to the app, correct? Meaning, if my NAS crashed, I'd still be able to use BW on my phone to log into the bank or whatever, but I wouldn't be able to sync any changes to the vault because the NAS is down. I suppose I could check this by shutting down my NAS, but I don't want to do that right now.

I've been using BW for some time now. Everything's good until your Synology crashes or you lose a hard drive 😉 just saying.
True for any service or app. That’s what backup is for. But yes, if you plan on using and keeping all the strings in your hands, one string has to be backup and disaster recovery

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.