Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Searx

• Qwant

• other

• Total voters
I use StartPage because you can narrow down your search to day, week month and year. DDG does not offer the year option which I find just right for tech searches where a month is too narrow and no filter at all finds stuff from years ago. Also DDG does not seem to add a date to search results, StartPage does.

I agree @scgf. The duck is a bit lacking in this regard. However, it's an option when setting the default search engine for Safari on iOS and Mac. To search on StartPage it's either the app or the site.

Not as convenient (for me). But yes, sometimes I’m forced to try a different engine to narrow and sort my search results in a better way!

Okaaaay, I’ve used Google ever since Google was invented
What’s the reason for not using it (corporate Google?) and just what in the world is DDG???

DDG stands for DuckDuckGo, a search engine that does not track its users.

Google tries with all its might to track everything you do via their google search engine, YouTube, google maps and their mail (gmail) and other services they own.
Of course all of that knowledge is used in targeted advertising for now (but who knows for what in the future). Google is first and foremost, an advertising company. The technology is a tool.

The same goes for Facebook via their services. They've acquired WhatsApp and Instagram too. All those conversations and photos are on their servers.

A huge repository of data that google and Facebook are mining to turn into information about us. We are the product.

One recent example of how this can be so powerful is what happened during the U.S. elections and the involvement of Cambridge Analytica.

That scares me, but not everyone is concerned. That's ok too. To each his own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.