What version of Transmission is used by Download Station under DSMv7.0.1+ ?

Currently reading
What version of Transmission is used by Download Station under DSMv7.0.1+ ?

Anyone running DSM v7.0.1 (or newer) can you please tell us what version of Transmission is included as "Download Station" ?
I cannot find this info on Synology site, I am trying to figure out if it's worth upgrading to DSM v7 yet or not...
In fact I don't even know if it IS still Transmission or whether they switched to a different BT client? :D

Solution
Replying as this thread is pretty high on Google for this question and it doesn't have an answer.

I have DSM7 and when I try to download something from a private tracker using Download Station, the download is blocked by the tracker because the client is recognised as Transmission/2.93

This is with Download Station installed version of 3.9.3-4609
Hi folks
Thanks for your replies.
I have tried mainline (current release) of Transmission, Deluge, rTorrent, qBittorrent in Docker, and also as 3rd party community packages on native DSM.
In every case while, yes, I can run an up-to-date torrent client, and yes the features are much better than the built-in Download Station - the performance is NOT.

My question stands:
Can anyone who is running DSM v7.0.1+ please tell me what is the type and version and of BT client that is used in "Download Station" ?
TIA :)
Cheers and peace, tU

Upvote 0
My question stands:
Can anyone who is running DSM v7.0.1+ please tell me what is the type and version and of BT client that is used in "Download Station" ?
TIA :)
Cheers and peace, tU

I am running Download Station v3.9.2 on DSM 7.0.1
Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 12.14.14 PM.png

Upvote 1
I am running Download Station v3.9.2 on DSM 7.0.1
Thanks @Robocub for the reply, but that version is the Synology Package versioning (and is published on the Synology Package Centre site). It doesn't tell me what the BT client used inside the package is, either type or version.
For example, my NAS runs the latest available DSM 6.2.4 branch and the latest available Download Station package, version of that is 3.8.16-3566.
That version number is close to useless to me though (except in terms of reading the release notes to see what's changed from the last version).
For reason's known only to Synology, they don't provide the BT Client type and version number that is used INSIDE the Download Station, but I can tell you from private tracker identification that the "rest of the world" calls the client Transmission and v2.93 of the Transmission client.
-- post merged: --

2.93 - I doubt it's been updated for DSM7.
Thanks for the reply, are you running DSMv7 yourself?
Any chance you can tell me what the BT client actually identifies as on a private tracker?

Upvote 0
Replying as this thread is pretty high on Google for this question and it doesn't have an answer.

I have DSM7 and when I try to download something from a private tracker using Download Station, the download is blocked by the tracker because the client is recognised as Transmission/2.93

Upvote 0
Solution

Many thanks for your clear and specific reply - that is what I wanted to know!
Of course, it's not what I wanted to hear but it seems like although they have made some minor tweaks with the UI of Download Station, the underlying BT client is unchanged now for many years...
Maybe they never will actually upgrade the BT client - shame because I find the performance of the native Download Station with multiple torrents better than more modern, more flexible BT clients run inside Docker etc.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.