Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hello, dear forum users,

is anybody using this button?

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 22.27.06.png

I'm thinking to remove it.

Or I can move it here:

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 22.31.45.png

I just want to get some feedback before I make the decision. You can reply to this thread or check the poll above.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm trying to add a new search system (that works with 3 letters or less), but some code needs to be changed, etc.

Anyway, I think I know what I'll do, but I just wanted to see how many of you use that button to search for new posts (btw, now we have a new block with tabs on forum homepage).

I know this kind of illness very well :) - run for a near perfection stage or do [it] better not just different.
This is the attitude what all of us miss in everyday interaction of common R&D forces to make their product useful. Ask your users.
Thx M8 for your care.
Your forum is even better than original XenForo :)

So we do have a "New posts" button on top, too, additionally to the "What's new" button. Of course result is different but anyway, I do not care about those buttons.

I rather care about the confirmation popup when marking the forum as read....

So, for less "stress" :)

A new search engine is implemented (now search works for words with less than 4 letters), the button What's new stays where it is.

A new button for search is added to the header and when you scroll the search will appear in the navigation tab beside What's new button.

The search form is simplified and currently it searches for keywords in thread titles (not thread posts) by default.

Thank you for cooperation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back