When does the Storage Manager Display the Total Volume Available?

Currently reading
When does the Storage Manager Display the Total Volume Available?

NAS
DS920+ DS215J,
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
On my 920+ I had been running three, 3 TB Drives in SHR Mode..... I now added two 4 TB Drives as one of the 3 TB's may have been on its last legs.

I deactivated that third suspect drive, Installed the new 4 TB in its place and allowed it to REPAIR and DATA Scrub. I then added the 4th 4 TB and its 75% through its 18 Hour Data Scrub.

My question is the capacity that is currently displaying. It shows only 4 TB / 5.2 TB currently. Not even close to the 10 TB with 4 TB for Protection the SHR RAID Calculator advises. The Status during the 3rd and 4th Drive Install is attached in a screen grab.

I did locate the below.... must this be done or is it automatic? I assumed it would display automatically....

For DSM 7.0 and above​

1. Go to Storage Manager > Storage and select the volume you wish to expand.
  2. Click the
    1.png
    icon > Settings.
  3. Go to the Modify Size section and enter the new volume capacity in the Modify allocated size (GB) field, or click Max to automatically fill in the maximum capacity available.
  4. Click Save to finish.

Attachments

• Adding Drives 75%.jpg
    Adding Drives 75%.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 4 TB - 5.2 TB 76% during scrun 5 min.jpg
    4 TB - 5.2 TB 76% during scrun 5 min.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 10

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.