When trying a backup, the NAS folder shows 0 bytes available - can't figure out why

Currently reading
When trying a backup, the NAS folder shows 0 bytes available - can't figure out why

NAS
DS920
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I have a 920 setup with webdav. I am trying out Arq and CCC. When trying to backup, it says the destination drive folder has 0kb free and fails. I cannot figure out why - permissions seems set ok and no restrictions. Any suggestions? Thanks!

in my User & Group settings for me as user all the read/write permissions are checked for all folders - so I don't think it's permissions - and the permissions for the folder are read/write for me also

Upvote 0
Checked this on my Mac and NAS, using WebDAV mounted in Finder. It doesn't work and I think one reason is that there is no information on the available storage on the NAS when using WebDAV. I tried a few things, such as disabling Safety Net and anything else that looked like it would check the available space. Still didn't work.

So I read CCC's built-in help...
1674154252608.png

If your Mac and NAS are on the same LAN or you have a secure VPN between them, I would suggest you use SMB mounts in Finder. I do this and they all work.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.