Where did move the personal playlist-folder too in DSM 7.0?

Currently reading
Where did move the personal playlist-folder too in DSM 7.0?

NAS
DS920+, DS916+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
Does anyone know where Synology moved the personal playlist folder too in DSM 7.0?
In DSM 6.2.* it was in
Code:
/usr/syno/etc/preference/[user]
But in DSM 7.0 it isn't there anymore. I need to copy my users playlist to the new DS920 (with DSM 7.0) from my DS916 (with DSM 6.2.4).

If anyone has a clue please let me know.

TIA

For which package? Audio Station?

/home/music/playlists ?
Yes, for Audio Station.
I found it😃 The personal playlists in DSM 7.0 are now saved in
Code:
/volume1/@appdata/AudioStation/[user-id]
For me it now makes more sense to this location than in previous DSM, but that Synology😉

Thanks anyway for replying!

Upvote 0
I've been mucking about with personal playlists. I only had an old smart playlist from DSM 6 days.

/volume1/@appdata/AudioStation/[user-id]/playlists is a Unix link to /volume1/homes/[user-name]/music/playlists/Previous Personal Playlist. Or it definitely is now (I didn't ls -l before deleting later on in tests)

Regardless, I'm only seeing the smart.playlists file in Previous Personal Playlist. When I create a normal playlist it goes into /volume1/homes/[user-name]/music/playlists.

Upvote 0
I've been mucking about with personal playlists. I only had an old smart playlist from DSM 6 days.

/volume1/@appdata/AudioStation/[user-id]/playlists is a Unix link to /volume1/homes/[user-name]/music/playlists/Previous Personal Playlist. Or it definitely is now (I didn't ls -l before deleting later on in tests)

Regardless, I'm only seeing the smart.playlists file in Previous Personal Playlist. When I create a normal playlist it goes into /volume1/homes/[user-name]/music/playlists.
Yes you’re right, but that only applies when you have enabled the personal music folder in the AudioStations settings. I haven’t done that, because I keep all the music in the main music folder. That is also used by iTunes.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.