Where does 'Export key' save by default?

Currently reading
Where does 'Export key' save by default?

Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Went to export a freshly minted encrypted folder key and, after entering the key, the file was exported and have no idea where it went...no option one 'where' to save the export - probably something basic.

Went to export a freshly minted encrypted folder key and, after entering the key, the file was exported and have no idea where it went...no option one 'where' to save the export - probably something basic.
It should be downloaded to your pc via the browser

It should be downloaded to your pc via the browser
Negative. There was the familiar download animation, yet have been unable to locate - had about 3 last night.

Now, just did it again and yes, key appears in the local computer's download folder (same machine as last night).
Concern there are keys floating on the synology.

Last edited:
Apx 4 keys were generated, two were trying to see what was happening.
1 key did appear on the download folder which, yes, is the default
If the same file gets downloaded multiple times the system spends a count, or given the option to overwrite/rename.

3 keys are MIA.

Worst case I unencrypt, re-encrypt and generate new key however that is a crazy long wait.
And, still not understanding why manually entering the key info stopped working - again. Gives me major doubt for relying on the device.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.