Where is the Synolgy Cal/CardDav client for android?

Currently reading
Where is the Synolgy Cal/CardDav client for android?

Operating system
  1. Linux
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Why is there no client APP for caldav and carddav by synology?
They gave apps for everything but not for calendar and contact sync.
Dont tell me about DAVX5, it is for free only for 30 days. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

We’ve been through this before. Not exactly what you’re looking for:

Prior to MailPlus there was no email client either. But now Synology have a revenue stream for people that use MailPlus and need more than 5 accounts (or 10 with a HA setup).

Before this, and still with CardDAV and CalDAV, the services were open source ports of server technology and the user had to bring their own client. There are other server services that Synology provides that there are no Synology clients, e.g.: SFTP, WebDAV, SSH, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec VPN, and PPTP VPN.

Most platforms include CardDAV and CalDAV support with the major exception of Android. The Google provided platform expects its users to use Gmail and other Google services. But the good news is the platform is much more open than the Apple-ecosystem so there's plenty of app stores where you can find whatever third party app you need. I'd caution to select an app store where you trust them to keep your payment credentials safe and also curate the content so that there's less chance of picking up a dodgy app build.

There is a new Synology Contacts package in beta, but this is still based on CardDAV. The main point seems to be a web GUI linked into the MailPlus and other Synology office ecosystem rather than mobile apps (at any rate that's where it is now, who knows there could be a mobile app later).

Hi Fredbert,
thanks for the udate.
I am using OPEN Fairphone OS for Andriod , there is no Google there.
It is just an Andriod with no Goggle services.
There just seem to be no free apps for caldav / carddav on the market for android.

I think you're right: I looked to find one for my work phone and came to the same conclusion. I wasn't prepared to give my credit card details to Google or Samsung, nor did I spend any time checking out downloading fro F-Droid, so decided against getting DAVx5.

For iOS, years ago, I decided I needed better agenda (week) view than provided by the built-in calendar app so I purchased a couple from the App Store: Readdle Calendar 5 and WeekCal. I tested loads of free but ended up paying. Sometimes free doesn't exist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back