Currently reading
Which is best algorithms - NAS or Reolink camera

NAS
DS416play
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi guys, my first post having got here by accident :)
I have a DS416 NAS and recently fitted a Reolink 823A PTZ camera to use with SVS, all generally ok but wanted any advice/suggestions about best settings, in particular with SVS it gives the option re motion detection to use either SVS algorithm or the camera algorithm.
I don’t hide any area re motion detection
Apart from trialling does anyone have any optimum thoughts please? Cheers

Hi

I have two of those 823A PTZ and with Surveilance Station i use OnVIF option for those cameras to get H265 codec at 4K resolution.
Works fine for me almost a year now.

Thanks guys, the question was indeed for advice or suggestion on the technically ‘best’ option to choose,
(I already had the stream set to H265.)
Though within SVS we can choose either of the algorithm settings etc there are also other “in camera” settings and “within SVS” settings to choose from and to sit and analyse footage etc on the performance of alternatives would be like watching paint dry 😱🤣

I’ve tried both and for basic viewing etc etc they’re both adequate, but . . . . Perhaps I’m being picky but
Question is out of the permutations is it better within SVS Camera editing to select:
Camera manufacturers settings (selected in SVS) because they know their camera or
Synology SVS settings because they know their surveillance software.

Perhaps someone may suggest, set “this” in camera and “this in SVS”

Btw - I’ve asked synology tech support and they don’t know 🤣

Thank you 🤞

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.