Which UPS is recommend for the DS1522+?

Currently reading
Which UPS is recommend for the DS1522+?

I run a Eaton Eclipse ECO 800 UPS.

Controlling my:
DS1621+ (32gb ecc ram 4x HDDs + 1x 2.5" SSD.
Netgear GS316EP 16Port Switch
TP-Link EAP245 x2 (Running POE)
PC Engines APU2E4 (Router/Firewall)

I get around 40 minutes power on time with it.
Shut down will happen after 15 minutes.

Eaton Elipse 800 ECO are fully recognized with DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 5 firmware.

Last edited:
Hi, what devices should be connected to the UPS in order to help the NAS to complete whatever job it is doing during the outage? Do I need to connect the NAS, switch, router, wifi extender/mesh all to the UPS? The router and the computer are in different rooms. Most likely I will put the NAS and a 10G switch in the computer room and use a wifi extender/mesh to bridge between the two rooms. If I only put the UPS in the computer room, during outage the router will lose power and the wifi extender/mesh to bridge between the two rooms will lose connection. Only the PC and the NAS will be connected to a 10G switch. Will the computer and NAS lose IP address as a result? Will the NAS still be able to complete whatever task it is doing and shut down safely? Hope I don't need to buy two UPS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.