• Hello Guest! SynoForum.com is celebrating its 5th anniversary! 🥳🎉 Read more...

Why is my NAS disconnecting from network?

Currently reading
Why is my NAS disconnecting from network?

NAS
DS218+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
My DS218+ NAS keeps disconnecting from the network. If I restart it in the evening, it has usually disconnected when checking the next day. Whilst network access can't be granted, the unit appears to be working as all indicator lights etc are running and I can hear the usual disc activity going on. The disks are about 50% full and the UPS battery has been replaced. As well as data storage, I use Surveillance Station to record my camera data. I am not too sure why this is happening. The network was established in my new house using Omada hardware and was working OK for several months. Has anybody got any idea what is going on here?

Omada... that's a TP-Link thing isn't it for cloud management of network devices?
  • How close to the NAS's LAN connection isn't working... have you tried from a client connected to the same switch.
  • How does the NAS get it's IP addressing assigned, is it static or dynamic from DHCP?
  • Have you reserved the NAS's IP in the LAN's DHCP service, so no other device can get it?

Upvote 0
Yes, Omada is TP-Link's management system. Have set a reserved IP range and have put the NAS into that - that seems to have improved the matter (it didn't shut down last night).

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.