Why is my torrent speed limited at ~33MBytes/s w/ Download Station? With Qbitorrent over docker, it's over 70MBytes/s.

Currently reading
Why is my torrent speed limited at ~33MBytes/s w/ Download Station? With Qbitorrent over docker, it's over 70MBytes/s.

NAS
DS1513
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Hi Synoforum!

Qbittorrent reaches 70 MBytes/s, which is great and about the same my "reference" desktop+SSD setup. Unfortunately it has poor RSS support even via alternate UIs. And I have to restart it every once in a while because it's less stable. Otherwise, I would just have kept using it and never started this thread :(

I have a 1513+ with 4GB ram. My CPU/RAM usage are quite low during DownloadStation downloads, and higher during qbittorrent downloads, but do not exceed 50-75 % of RAM/CPU so this is not because I am hitting an obvious CPU/RAM/HDD limit.

So, to those of you who have very fast connections, is the speed higher on Download Station on later Synology Hardware or no?

Is there something else I can do in software to fix this slow Download Station performance?

Deluge won't work out of the box but I can give it another shot if someone tells me I'll get good speeds. I'm not scared of linux or docker.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!

Hey,
What are you looking for in terms of RSS support (or other functionality through RSS) that is lacking with qbit?

Hey,
What are you looking for in terms of RSS support (or other functionality through RSS) that is lacking with qbit?
Download Station / Transmission allow going back further back in the past of RSS feed, and the interface is just better.

Anyways, I have concluded that there is no fix to my issue, other than upgrading the NAS. I have given up.

Well, it's always good to "justify" an upgrade :p
I'm still not sure of your use case 🤔.
For example I'm using a combination of Jackett and nzbhydra2 (although only for Usenet, not torrents) and it's possible to get a list of whatever was published within a timeframe, pick something manually and send it to your torrent client through a Torrent black hole (aka watch folder).

Is there something else I can do in software to fix this slow Download Station performance?
Not to start a debate, but IME Synology software is there to give you basic capability. But it is not performance-optimized, nor does it have a depth of features, options, and add-ons. It is simply "just OK".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.