Why not to upgrade to DSM7

Currently reading
Why not to upgrade to DSM7

Thank you for your contribution, and not just by paying but by making smart decisions like getting a Synology instead of Drobo ;).
I actually told my almost-ex-friend to get a Synology DS1520+ to begin with, but he said "Well, you're not using your Drobo anymore...send it to me."

I didn't tell him that the reason I wasn't using the Drobo was it was so slow and ran so hot (*and* required a computer to be turned on for Plex or ANYTHING). He ignored my advice on the Synology. Let him find out on his own. Heh!

Also, I have an APC power supply that shows how long it can run if the power goes out. When I had the iMac and Drobo and WiFi (eero) hooked up it said 110 minutes. When I unplugged the Drobo and the only other change I made was adding the DS1520+? The number skyrocketed to 200 minutes! That tells you how much more energy the Drobo used than the Synology! He'll find THAT out too! 😈

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.