DSM 7.1 Why VideoStation not playing .MKV files

NAS
DS923+, DS418
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Would like to ask, why Synology VideoStation won't play .MKV media files?

Any special CODEC required? While working normal on VLC engine.

Appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 185
Solution

Appreciate your help.
With this wrapper you will play DTS, EAC3 and TrueHD codec audios in Video Station and Media Server (DLNA).

Best regards.
-- post merged: --

I want to use VideoStation aswell but there are too many limitations. I'm sorry to say but look for something else..
Try with my wrapper, this will fix these errors.

Regards.

Appreciate your help.
With this wrapper you will play DTS, EAC3 and TrueHD codec audios in Video Station and Media Server (DLNA).

Best regards.

I want to use VideoStation aswell but there are too many limitations. I'm sorry to say but look for something else..

Regards.

Upvote 0
Solution

Best regards.

Regards.
Gotcha. Will try it today and update you

Upvote 0

Best regards.

Regards.
Working Perfect...Recommended

Upvote 0
It worked perfectly on my computer as well thanks a lot for the tip.

It still doesn’t work on my tv (with the app DS video on samsung smart tv), is there any solution for that problem ?
The DS Video 's version in these LG TVs are deprecated. It's better use a google chromecast or google TV. It's better to use DLNA going in local networks than via DSVideo.

Best regards.

Upvote 0
Your better solution would be to configure Plex, or KODI on an AMZ, Roku, or perhaps an NVIDIA shield. DS Video is half baked and limited as to what it can and cannot playback.
Thanks for the reply. I tried in the past to configure Plex but didn't succeed. Do you have a tutorial link that would explain the procedure ?

Upvote 0
Brilliant work @nebular , was really annoyed that Synology doesn't sort the licensing especially as they market as media players (and their solution was to re-encode all your media!), but your script ran smooth as butter after I ensured all the requirements were met and now I can watch all those EAC3 encoded videos.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I too received a message that I couldn’t play the mkv video in iOS DS Video app, which is weird because I had no issues prior to that. After force closing the app, turning cellular off and then back on it started to work again.

I just tested again now and I’m still able to play the mkv file on iOS DS Video app. Strange how I too wasn’t able to play a mkv file for the first time yesterday but then started to natively work again. No updates or reboots either.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.