DSM 7.1 Why VideoStation not playing .MKV files

NAS
DS923+, DS418
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Would like to ask, why Synology VideoStation won't play .MKV media files?

Any special CODEC required? While working normal on VLC engine.

Appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 187
Solution
Would like to ask, why Synology VideoStation won't play .MKV media files?

Any special CODEC required? While working normal on VLC engine.

Appreciate your help.
With this wrapper you will play DTS, EAC3 and TrueHD codec audios in Video Station and Media Server (DLNA).

Best regards.
-- post merged: --

I want to use VideoStation aswell but there are too many limitations. I'm sorry to say but look for something else..
Try with my wrapper, this will fix these errors.

Regards.
Hi,

I see some issue, may be seen by staff and fixed.

From start message I see event seen by MacOS web player when some file has been with audio in format not supported by Safari. By changing audio trace from dts to ac3 I have succeed to play this file.
But in iOS by using DS Video app I haven't.

I always stuck by trying to play with pop-upped audio tracks list for choose. This list could be used for put selection to any audio (ac3, dts, flac) whatever, but when I'm changing selection nothing changed and video isn't start to play.

Currently I have a video in 4K MKV h265 format with dts and ac3 audio. I have choose ac3 and as I explained nothing happen on my iPhone.

May I miss something? How I can see those files?

Upvote 0
With this wrapper you will play DTS, EAC3 and TrueHD codec audios in Video Station and Media Server (DLNA).

Best regards.
-- post merged: --

Try with my wrapper, this will fix these errors.

Regards.
I hadn't seen this until today, thank you very much, the wrapper has solved a problem I had straming to my TV with media server.

Your a super star.

Upvote 0
H.265 isn’t supported by Video Station, so 4K is also not supported
That isn't true, correct file 100K h.265 with first audio in AC3 format could be played.

Maybe you need to use an additional application to open the files.
O course I can, but the point to work with one original interface on all devices, not merge several. This is a target now.

Upvote 0
That isn't true, correct file 100K h.265 with first audio in AC3 format could be played.
On Video Station web app is possible with Advanced Media Extensions app installed, but on DS video app (Google TV, Apple TV, Samsung TV, etc) is not. And personally I use it on TV, so I don’t consider it supported. But for me FullHD is enough, 4K take too much space.

Upvote 0
On Video Station web app is possible with Advanced Media Extensions app installed, but on DS video app (Google TV, Apple TV, Samsung TV, etc) is not. And personally I use it on TV, so I don’t consider it supported. But for me FullHD is enough, 4K take too much space.
A good 4k tv will upscale blu ray nicely, and 4k (especially UHD) can consume a lot of space, but with the right tv home theater setup, certain titles really stand out.

Upvote 0
On Video Station web app is possible with Advanced Media Extensions app installed, but on DS video app (Google TV, Apple TV, Samsung TV, etc) is not.
I'm very sorry, but again - it's not true. DS Video on 4K smart Samsung TV works with 4K HDR mkv files very good. In your case it may have some issue with TV's that are not supporting 4K HDR.
But for me FullHD is enough, 4K take too much space.
For most products is right, but for new ones like "It" for me it's mandatory for use HDR on tv with 4K - very big differences.

A good 4k tv will upscale blu ray nicely, and 4k (especially UHD) can consume a lot of space, but with the right tv home theater setup, certain titles really stand out.
Correct.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.