Question Why Windows loses track of Synology NAS

Currently reading
Question Why Windows loses track of Synology NAS

Have updated the script, but no joy as yet.
Did you confirm the script revision was written?
Code:
cat daemon.py
Did you toggle WS-Discovery off/on in NAS' Control Panel after saving the script?

7KpwMKE.png

When I did that everything popped.

I have no special Win10 settings. SMB2/3 only.

In the past, I disabled SMB1 via PowerShell (enabled SMB2/3). I used this...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/file-server/troubleshoot/detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-v2-v3

Did you confirm the script revision was written?
Code:
cat daemon.py
Did you toggle WS-Discovery off/on in NAS' Control Panel after saving the script?

7KpwMKE.png

When I did that everything popped.

I have no special Win10 settings. SMB2/3 only.

In the past, I disabled SMB1 via PowerShell (enabled SMB2/3). I used this...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/file-server/troubleshoot/detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-v2-v3

I did indeed. Have rebooted the NAS as well just in case.

No biggie, I don't need this functionality anyhow, as I tend to just map network locations or drives.

With the software jeyare mentioned after a scan with that, and an expand/explore the NAS within the software it appears in network within the file explorer navigation pane, but disappears once that window is closed.

I wouldn't spend any more time on it for my sake. Was just interested in getting to know more about how the DSM OS hangs together. (y)

1590011356421.png

Not sure if this will make much difference but I am currently running Windows 10 enterprise, windows insider programme in the fast ring, Build 19628.mn_release200508-1414

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.