Will Moments auto-load images that are stored in a /photo share?

Currently reading
Will Moments auto-load images that are stored in a /photo share?

NAS
DS1512+
I have a DS1512+ so I can't use DSM 7's Photos.

I just installed Moments, and it was my understanding that if I turned on sharing, Moments would "see" the images stored in the /photo share. Is that true? If so, I'm not seeing any.

I already have pictures stored on the NAS filesystem. Is copying them to an additional folder the the only way to add them to Moments?

Additionally, is there any way to share the same images with both PhotoStation and Moments?

Thanks for the help, fredbert! It turns out that I had my pictures stored in a folder that I thought was the photos share, but it wasn't. As soon as I moved everthing over, it started processing and indexing.

Of course now my poor NAS is at 100% CPU utilization, but I guess that's the price to pay for indexing 55,000 pictures!

Can't wait to see it jump to 110% when I turn on facial recognition!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.