Currently reading
DSM 7.1 Windows 7 vmdk error 0x0000007B

NAS
DLINK :( (OUT) Shiny new DS920+ in.. :)
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Wonder if anyone can help or is it a lost cause. Friend gave me 2 copies of their old SSD which failed to
boot after they upgraded their desktop PC. One is a tib file and the other a vmdk image of the drive.

After some tinkering and getting the 7B bluescreen message I probed them regarding the old computer
and whether they used any strange setups. Initially they said they added the SSD to the PC with a fresh install
of windows 7 and made that the OS drive using the old drive for data only.

More probing and it seems the old computer originally had a pair of 250GB drives in raid zero and can
only assume the boot info was on those and not the SSD.

Seems they have tried to boot the image several times and possibly it did boot once only after a boot repair
but it never booted again even trying the same fix. Possibly a VM update changed something?

I tried VMWare (v16) and Virtualbox (v6.1) and not tried the DS920+ but cannot get it to boot. The 250GB
drives would have been IDE and the SSD SATA.

Managed to get to the login screen and it showed the correct username and after a few attempts we got
it to accept the password but bluescreens instantly after that.
I know I like a challenge but this things frustrating... :)

Any tips?
Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.