Wireguard dyonr-qbittorrent container not launching

Currently reading
Wireguard dyonr-qbittorrent container not launching

I'm trying to set up this docker with WireGuard VPN enabled on my DS720+. For the VPN, I'm using Surfshark and downloaded the .conf file from my account settings on their website, and renamed the file to wg0.conf.

Everytime I start it, it says that the container stopped unexpectedly and then keeps trying to start it unsuccessfuly. The container does work fine if I disable the VPN (change VPN_ENABLED yes to no).
See here for my environment, port and volume settings:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've placed the wg0.conf file from Surfshark into /docker/dyonr-qbittorrent/wireguard

Can anyone help me figuring out why it is not starting?

volume mappings are set how?
Like this (it's also in the imgur link):
1663761021962.png

Ok so WG support is missing. You will need to install WG support 1st, as DSM is not running it by default, and then try and rerun the docker contianer.

Use the Package center to install the package using this build. Once you installed the package, DO NOT run it via Package center.

Be sure to uncheck the option "Run after installation"

1663762373675.png

After that, enter via SSH, elevate to root and run this:

Code:
/var/packages/WireGuard/scripts/start

Finally rerun the container, and lets see if the situation changed.

I installed the Wireguard spk and started it successfully in Putty as root, but the container still won't start. It still gives the same error messages on a loop:

RTNETLINK answers: Operation not permitted
Unable to access interface: Operation not permitted
[#] ip link delete dev wg0
Cannot find device "wg0"

I installed the Wireguard spk and started it successfully in Putty as root, but the container still won't start. It still gives the same error messages on a loop:

RTNETLINK answers: Operation not permitted
Unable to access interface: Operation not permitted
[#] ip link delete dev wg0
Cannot find device "wg0"
you are running it in "privileged" mode?

How do I run the code to create the container? And which variables are required and which are optional in that binhex container?
Haven't installed a container manually yet, just through the docker GUI.
thanks for all the help btw!

How do I run the code to create the container? And which variables are required and which are optional in that binhex container?
Haven't installed a container manually yet, just through the docker GUI.
thanks for all the help btw!
You can run the whole docker run .... block from a root elevated command line. Use the github or hub.docker.com page to check for values and see what are optional. Also if you plan on running it with WG support read up what else needs to be changed and added in that docker run block.

Mainly this

from
--cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
to
Code:
--sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" \
--privileged=true \

I've managed to get the container running without an error message, but it is not accessible at 192.168.1.146:8080
I've added my wireguard wg0.conf file to /docker/qbittorrentvpn/wireguard, and the wireguard spk is successfully running.
Here is the log file

Attachments

• qbittorrentwg1.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 19
Let me suggest an entirely different solution.

Run Gluetun docker (it supports Surfshark). Then pipe linuxserver/qbittorrent through the Gluetun container.

Advantages:
  • It just works
  • Both images are frequently updated by reliable sources
  • Gluetun can be used for multiple containers (consider... jackett, jdownloader2, youtube-dl... etc. etc.)
If this sounds too complicated for you, consider instead markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn.

That package doesn't seem to support wireguard, which I'd prefer over openvpn.

Linuxservee-qbittorrent is working fine at the moment. How do I go about setting up Gluetun? Any noob friendly guides since I'm not that knowledgable?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.