Wordpress in Docker

Currently reading
Wordpress in Docker

Hi @Rusty ! Plan on trying out the official image of Wordpress. Going thru that route I will also need to create another container for the database. Unless there is an All-in-one image which contains all the essential parts.

Greetings!

Does anybody have a guide on how to set up Wordpress on Docker within Syno? This will be my first attempt on docker as well so it's going to be a learning experience.

Thank you!
WP is a native package for Synology DSM, why would you put it into a container box?
Any concerns to share?

WP is a native package for Synology DSM, why would you put it into a container box?
Any concerns to share?
That philosophy might change in the near future. Synology has started killing 3rd party app supports and more and more solutions are being pushed via Docker that imho is the right way.

I tried to go to the link "Set up wordpress on Synology using docker containers " listed above and could not access it. Is the link active?

Thanks for fixing the link. That article was exactly what I needed to go through the steps of using Docker to set up the Wordpress. I do have WP installed on the NAS but I too think this Docker platform really makes sense in the long run. Appreciate the guidance. I set up Handbrake in Docker from a tutorial and was very impressed at how the settings come mostly pre-packaged. For a beginner this has helped a great deal.

I am too new to it I am pecking at my travel Blog I moved over over from another platform and I am still trying to learn how to get it back how I had it as it did not transform well. Thanks for the link.

After setting up Docker Wordpress from the tutorial with the folders in file stationing for wordpress and one for wordpressdb ... after I launch, wishing 30 seconds I get the message the db unexpectedly quit. Any ideas where to check first?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 7.25.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 7.25.18 PM.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 31
not sure what is needed so I tried saving to desktop and they came through as .json .csv or xcel file none of which are attachable here.... should I just take screen shots of them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.