NAS Compares World Backup Day 2023 – Sensible Storage Deals & Bargains

Currently reading
NAS Compares World Backup Day 2023 – Sensible Storage Deals & Bargains

Last edited by a moderator:

World Backup Day – Get Your Data in Order!

ALERTThis is your reminder that it is World Backup Day and you should have your backups in order! It may seem like a slightly contrived event, but the motivations behind World Backup Day are arguably more generally positive than alot of manufacturer celebration days. World Backup Day’s origins are more than a decade old and started over on Reddit when a user wrote about losing their data via a defunct HDD and wishing someone had reminded them about how important it is to backup data (though there is also debate that it was started around a Maxtor ‘Backup Month‘). The campaign started in 2011, and every year brands, tech professionals and industry bigwigs will push the subject of backups as hard as possible, as well as many popular tech news outlets writing articles SPECIFICALLY about the importance of backing up data – THAT is World Backup Day. The day when the tech industry makes as much noise as possible about people needing to have their data backed up sufficiently. You do not necessarily need to actually buy/do anything – you just need to make sure that your backup routines and 3-2-1 backup policies are all running fine. If not, well, it’s easier to remedy that in times of calm than in times of crisis! In recent times, big data services/platforms such as MEGA, Amazon, Backblaze and GoDaddy have sponsored the annual event in order to increase the awareness of both the Day itself and the necessity of checking your backup routines are in order!

World-Backup-Day-Stats.webp

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.