blackvoid World Backup Day, March 31st

Currently reading
blackvoid World Backup Day, March 31st

March 31st. World backup day. If you are unaware, this is the day to raise awareness regarding your data its backup and your overall peace of mind knowing that all those digital bit and bytes are safe.

Synology as a brand that works day and night to make products that focus primarily on data access and its safety, each year has a special promotion of its products and services regarding WBD.

Continue reading...

This is perfect time to check your backup/restore plan, specially for all members who never test it.

Well, I received my new DS718+ last week. I'm gonna first place it beside my DS118 and switch over the USB disk attached to it. On this USB disk is my HyperBackups . I'm going to use this to migrate stuff like MailPlus, Calendar, CardDav and some other stuff by just restoring backups from my DS216+II (while disabling them on the DS216+II and editting my DNS records that points to these services). I will also do a full restore of file shares to the DS718+, and then after that bring them into sync with my other NAS'es with Drive.

Thats gonna be fun!

(enough to do incase we get a lockdown)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.