Wrong capacity of the hard drives

NAS
DS415+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Hello,

This morning I had that strange information given by my NAS DS415+ :
Nas_and_PetaByte.GIF

It tells me that I have been using 16 777 188 TB of data on my total of 5.4TB (of course it states that the NAS is full...)
I have tried a file check without result.

Any idea ? Has this already happened to you ?

Thanks in advance.

I have so many problems. I really thinking of changing to QNAP but I'm not sure if it is better.
I have a two 4 drives NAS and have to change drives quite often.

There are 5 person working on the NAS at the same time. No problem of speed.
Could you advice me on a new NAS ? Would it be better if I would take a professionnal one ?
With COVID-19 we don't have much choice of hard drives where I live. The one sold here are not compatible (WD20EFAX - [SMR]) but compatible with QNAP (I don't understand why).

Your screenshot looks like the metadata of the volumes filesystem reports back some seriously odd values (due to corruption?!).

I have a two 4 drives NAS and have to change drives quite often.
This doesn't puzzle you? There must be reason for this... Random electricity outage without an UPS? Enabled write cache for your drives? Operating the NAS in an environment that builds-up heat (like in a cupboard)? Not savely protected from hits or vibration? And then there is always the chance to have a drive from a bad batch or the firmware of the drive has errors causing this. You might want to figure out what causes your problems before replacing your NAS devices.

one sold here are not compatible (WD20EFAX - [SMR]) but compatible with QNAP (I don't understand why).
Beeing supported by QNAP will make those SMR drivces not less shitty ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.